Monday, August 25, 2003

 

Okay! Song of the Day!

Okay! Song of the Day!


Looks like I got the hang of it. I will try to post daily believe it or not. But political commentary wears me out so what I will do instead is post a "Song of the Day". Usually the first one that pops into my head, or one I read special things about. Today it is Radiohead's "I Will" from their latest, greatest, Hail to the Theif album . This song registered in my mind after I picked my very first issue of Blender Magazine (from the the same publisher's of soft core porn mag Maxim and Stuff, I might add). The hipsters of the hot music mag had a box about a theroetical Radiohead's greatest hits album (one hasn't been made yet, come one cha-ching! segue Paranoid Android into Creep then the Hungry Bears song, chop up whole artistic statements into little pieces, make some $$$). And they described I Will as one of the saddest songs Thom Yorke has written. The lyrics are about the mistaken bombing of a bunker in Iraq where civilians were hiding in the first Gulf War. I either don't pay attention to lyrics unless someone points them out to me or after the whole music / lyrics conglomeration as a whole splits apart after months of implanting the song into my mental jukebox. It's a short song and very haunting. Knwoing what the song was in reference too makes you try harder to tackle every word of the lyric, but parts of it are still cryptics. The White elephants, what are they? and even cooler the song segues into the next one, A Punchup at a Wedding. It makes album songs a lot more cinematic that way. So there you go the song of the day!

I wrote an articulate rant about Fugazi's Nightshop a couple months ago when I thought I was going to start blogging regularly then. Stay tuned for that?

Does anyone know how to put your e-mail address up using blogger? jwcatz@earthlink.net

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?