Monday, March 14, 2005
Audience growing
Big welcome to my friend from my Drake years and beyond, Laura (no website, sorry, trust me she's not one of my imaginary friends), who said she will visit my blog during downtime at work.
I'm very proud of that my blog has a photo identity now. FYI, that picture was not taken for my blog, it was more of a trying-out-my-digital-camera feature thing. I actually tried to submit that photo as a visual feature after I quickly put a profile together for this online Jewish dating thing , but they e-mailed me back and said they rejected my photo because it didn't reflect my personality or something! I didn't know those online things were that picky. Anyway, J-Date premium service, which actually allows you to contact people rather than stare at their profiles for hours and hours anonymously like an online pervert (something which I definitely do not do, by the way) is about 45 DOLLARS A MONTH! Yikes. Definitely not worth it, even though, as a Jew, I have lots of disposable income. I'm hiring a secretary to type this for me right now, in fact. In the least the free version of the service does let me know that there are Chicago Jews around, and some of them are single, and I recognized some that I saw at synagogue when I went a few weeks ago.
In other very cool news, I just got off the phone to confirm my starting date for my first paid gig in Chicago, an internship with the prestigious Woodstock Institute . Check out their website. I hope to do some good work with them. This position will also last at least a year, meaning it will be the longest full-time relationsip I have had with an organization I work for. Cash flow is a significant bonus too.
To top things off, a short paper that I thought was due on Thursday is actually due on Friday. A little bit more breathing room is always comforting.
Nothing else. Submit comments! Make me feel needed.
I'm very proud of that my blog has a photo identity now. FYI, that picture was not taken for my blog, it was more of a trying-out-my-digital-camera feature thing. I actually tried to submit that photo as a visual feature after I quickly put a profile together for this online Jewish dating thing , but they e-mailed me back and said they rejected my photo because it didn't reflect my personality or something! I didn't know those online things were that picky. Anyway, J-Date premium service, which actually allows you to contact people rather than stare at their profiles for hours and hours anonymously like an online pervert (something which I definitely do not do, by the way) is about 45 DOLLARS A MONTH! Yikes. Definitely not worth it, even though, as a Jew, I have lots of disposable income. I'm hiring a secretary to type this for me right now, in fact. In the least the free version of the service does let me know that there are Chicago Jews around, and some of them are single, and I recognized some that I saw at synagogue when I went a few weeks ago.
In other very cool news, I just got off the phone to confirm my starting date for my first paid gig in Chicago, an internship with the prestigious Woodstock Institute . Check out their website. I hope to do some good work with them. This position will also last at least a year, meaning it will be the longest full-time relationsip I have had with an organization I work for. Cash flow is a significant bonus too.
To top things off, a short paper that I thought was due on Thursday is actually due on Friday. A little bit more breathing room is always comforting.
Nothing else. Submit comments! Make me feel needed.
Comments:
<< Home
Thank you for your welcome, Jonah :) I have to say that this is the first time I have ever visited a blog. I think that makes me out-of-date. So here's to getting with the technology! At any rate, I quite enjoyed your pictures as posted at left. And I am requesting a section including pictures from around your neighborhood and your apartment so that we distant friends can become visually updated on your life. I humbly submit my request. Do with it as you wish :)
Post a Comment
<< Home

