Monday, June 06, 2005

 

And now the rest of it.

Looks like the work week has started, so my weekend is drifting from my memory. But a quick rundown.

Saturday: Big art fair in Hyde Park (S. side of Chicago)--flash thunderstorm at said art fair and unique entertainment watching vendors quickly wrap up their tents and run for cover, all witnessed under the safety of an awning of course--cooked a turkey breast roast for the first time and it was edible--watched obscure 2.5 hours Brazlian movie Carandiru which had some amoral tones to it with criminals and police being equally good and bad, kind of like Sin City.

Sunday: Trip to Lincoln Square (a German heritage district) for a mini-Octoberfest thing--was confused about the items on the menu and decided to be pointlessly too shy to ask if their were pork intestines in the things other than bratwurst--I was kind of low on money anyway--typical lazy Sunday afternoon after that with a work to the local public square to get a way from my slowly heating up for the summer apartment.

There, that takes of it. I might have forgot something. Oh I listened to Dismemberment Plan's final 2001 album change which I ordered from half.com some while ago. Very nice.

Tonight, at Jonah Katz's Netflix Theater is Before Sunrise. Before Sunset got a whole lot of awesome reviews do I decided I'd better see it's predecessor before seeing #2. Anyone have any comments on other Richard Linklater movies (Dazed and Confused, Slacker, others I haven't seen yet)? Post em here!

Goodnight!

Comments:
Um.. Amy I haven't seen Before Sunset yet. I guess that wasn't clear but I had to stop reading your post. Although I remember vaguely hearing about a marriage of some kind in the second movie. Thanks for posting though!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?